Silver Sunday is an annual campaign to combat loneliness and isolation in the older community by enjoying a huge range of events and activities.
This year there are over 45 events for over 65’s taking place. You can come along by yourself or bring your friends and family. If you feel unsure about going on your own there’s no need to worry, as you can turn up, meet new and likeminded people and make new friends while enjoying a great day out.
We are hosting the event on Sunday 2 October at our extra care schemes. See our events section for more information.
Want to try something new on Silver Sunday? The following events are now open for booking:
- Tour and afternoon tea at Lord’s Cricket Ground on 2 October, 11am and 1.30pm
- Friendship matinee at the Royal Albert Hall on 18 October, doors open 2.15pm
- Silver Sunday celebration with the Filipino Club on 9 October, 2-7pm
- A Rodgers and Hammerstein sing-along in Victoria on 1 October, 10.30am
- Dance classes with English national ballet on 2 October, 11am-12 midday and 12.30-1.30pm
- Dim sum workshop in China Town on 2 October, 12 midday–5pm
Visit https://www.westminster.gov.uk/silver-sunday to book your place today.